Senior Manager - Legal
Job ID: #
To Kwa Wan
· Advise senior leadership on legal compliance of corporate and business affairs
· Work with key stakeholders to ensure legal conformity across the business in maintaining internal and external integrity of organisational reputation
· Review terms and conditions of agreements and contracts.
· Develop and implement policies, guidelines, and procedures to mitigate legal exposure across business lines
· Drafting of agreements and legal letters
· Support negotiation of contracts and agreements with clients and business partners
· Manage legal risks of business initiatives and advise senior leadership on legal matters arising from ongoing business
· Manage and coordinate litigation by and against the Group
· Keep senior leadership informed of relevant legal, statutory and regulatory developments concerning employer’s businesses.
· Devise and deliver regular training on relevant legal and regulatory developments to the senior management team
· Promote legal awareness across the Group through regular training and briefing events
· Ad hoc projects as assigned by the senior leadership
· LLB degree obtained from an accredited law school.
· Minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience from in-house or legal corporate; exposure in power, energy, construction, transportation, or related sectors is highly preferred. Previous M&A experience would be a plus.
· In-depth knowledge of contract and construction laws.
· Practical experience in NEC suite of contract forms, and other internationally recognised contracts such as FIDIC, and UNCITRAL Rules.
· Superb communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese, both spoken and written
· Competent in drafting and reviewing high-value legal documentations under time pressure
· Uncompromising business ethics and integrity
· Commercial acumen and good common sense. Pragmatic, hands-on, attentive, and result-oriented individual with strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to develop close partnerships with all business units while being impartial and professional
We offer career opportunities to right candidates together with a competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits, including performance and incentive bonus, allowances, benefit leaves, medical insurance plan for employee and subsidy for dependents, and continuing education subsidies. The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We also provide a caring and supportive working environment where a safe and healthy workplace for all is a priority, besides compliance with statutory requirements.
Welcome to join us and take your career forward!